Sunday, March 15, 2009



Thanks Chris!!! This is really a superb idea =)


I remember my first Lenten Vigil with GII... I was the "clicker" for the slides [projector slides heh] and it was the first time I heard and loved the song Kind of a Kingdom.

It was on Maundy Thursday evening and the choir sang from the old church altar. It was a moving hour of singing, reflection and hymns that touched the hearts of all present.

Despite merely clicking and not being part of the main singing body, I felt so much a part of the new family I had come to love and cherish; and I felt so inspired to contribute back to the group, the church, the community, in what small way I could muster.


Hey GII,

We've about 24 days to our Lenten Vigil. Gasp, did you all realise it was that near?

Yup, anyway, the purpose of this email is to inform you guys about the full song list that we would sing on the night itself.
ALSO, I've added the various links to the parts of the taize songs. It's pretty helpful, just click on them and you'll hear your
part being played using some instrument (organ I think?) and you can sing along to it!
(Reminds you of the good ol' Sesame Street days huh!)

The links are all from the taize.fr website, and if you visit the website you can see the scores and the lyrics as well.
So yup, here's our Lenten E-Learning project yup, when you're free or taking some time off what you're doing, just
visit the links and familiarise yourself with the parts.

Let's do our best to make a difference to those who visit our church on Maundy Thursday. (:

Have a great week ahead.

Take Care God Bless,
Christopher.
Lenten Vigil Comm '09.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________


Choir of Genesis II
Lenten Vigil 2009
10pm-11pm
Hymns: - musicians take initial verse/introFor hymns below, please right click and open in new tab/window

Stand by me.

In the Lord I'll be ever thankful (El Senyor)

Lord Jesus Christ -(Jesus le Christ)
http://www.taize.fr/en_article354.html

Stay with me - (Bleibet hier)
http://www.taize.fr/en_article254.html

Wait for the Lord
http://www.taize.fr/en_article512.html

Jesus remember me
http://www.taize.fr/en_article356.html

Hold us Jesus

Holy Darkness

No comments: